Each week, we meet with parents and babies for fun, informative, andinteractive classes. At Early Risers, we help parents understand the importance of a child’s first few years and offer creative ways for parents to raise lifelong learners. This program educates parents about the benefits of reading, playing, singing, and talking to their babies from day one in order to positively impact their child’s development. We also emphasize other key factors of success such as nutrition, sleep, movement and emotional health. In addition, Early Risers also connects families with resources in the community and provides access to various services and goods that families may require.
(for children 0-3 years old)
• Classes with babies and moms (or other caregivers)
• Early literacy and language development
• Family resources
• Health, nutrition, and social well-being
During the period of a child’s life before kindergarten, young brains undergo the most development and are the most receptive to cognitive and social stimulation. How parents interact with their child during these early years lays a critical foundation that impacts a child’s long term language development and educational outcomes.
Our Early Risers Program helps families with infants and young toddlers understand the importance of this critical learning period in order to empower families to close the 30 million word gap and .
The Importance of Starting Young
Early Risers Program
• During the first 4 years of life, a child of lower socioeconomic status (SES) hears up to 30 million fewer words than children from more affluent areas.
• By age 5, low SES children can be as much as two years behind in language skills that are critical to school success.
• This gap only continues to grow as the years progress, ensuring slow growth for children who are economically disadvantaged and accelerated growth for those from more privileged backgrounds.
(Findings from extensive studies conducted by RICE University and Stanford University)