Early Risers Program *On Hold*
(for children 0-3 years old)
• Classes with babies and moms (or other caregivers)
• Focus on early literacy
• Connecting families to community resources
• Emphasis on other areas of development including health, nutrition, and social well-being
Our Early Riser teacher is on leave, so Autumn 2019 we are not able to offer this program. We are working hard to find another teacher so we can start up again early next year.
RISE was founded in the summer of 2014 by Karen Hoopes and Sheryl Humble. The two came together in the spring with the goals of helping low-income students and reducing the educational opportunity gap between the neighboring communities of Palo Alto and East Palo Alto. They are thrilled to have met other individuals who are excited to help RISE take root and grow. RISE now consists of a group of passionate employees and volunteers and a dedicated board of directors, all of whom are working to achieve our mission.
Eastside Mentorship Program
(High school students from Eastside College Preparatory School)
• One on one homework and academic support
• Emphasis on team building, life skills, and mindfulness
• Mentors design lessons and enrichment projects
• Forming lasting bonds between mentors and mentees
• Giving back to the community
After School Programs
• After-school tutoring and mentoring
• Enrichment activities including art, science, cooking, outdoor activities, etc.
• Emphasis on self-esteem, self-confidence, life skills, health and nutrition
• Mindfulness and yoga
• Collaborative effort involving families and educators
• Support for college and higher education
Current Programs: elementary school and middle school from the VTP at Nixon
Help RISE Grow
Copyright 2013. RISE - Reaching and Inspiring Success through Education. All Rights Reserved.
Change a Child's Life